Caring for your Talavera
We pride ourselves on the quality of our Talavera pieces and want you to enjoy them for as long as possible. Here are a few tips for making your Talavera finish and color stay as rich and vibrant as the day you bought it.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature. Example: moving a piece from the refrigerator directly to the oven or microwave. Like any glass, porcelain, or ceramic, this could cause the item to crack or break.
- While top rack dishwasher safe, we recommend hand-washing rather than exposing your Talavera to the direct drying heat of the dishwasher. The heat could fade your colors over time.
- Use only wood or plastic serving spoons. Metal utensils can damage finish.
- Kitchenware is microwave and oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If possible, avoid extended direct sunlight on pieces as over long periods of time, it can fade color.
- We recommend bringing your planters in before the first frost as ceramic has a hard time with extreme cold.
If you follow these simple steps your Talavera will last for years to come!
Thanks again for purchasing from Enchanted Talavera.